A journal written by an Irish-American lad living in New Jersey with the love of his life Maggie, a handsome Sheltie named Duffy, and a maniacle cat called Chainsaw. Mostly nonsense, some rants and ramblings. Often amusing.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Mother Nature is a Bitch

Yes. Yes she is.
For the past, I dunno, month...we in New Jersey and evryone else within a five-hundred mile radius has been in the grips of a cold spell. It has not been above 12 degrees since I don't know when. And it will not get warmer until Saturday when we hit 20. Woo-Hoo! I cannot take this shit any omre. I am not a baby, I grew up in New England. The cold doesn't bother me, but long ong stretches of it does bring one down. From the numb toes to the aches that run up and down my spine....My truck has a good heater so that's a plus. My area of the building is not so fortunate. In the summer we have NO a/c and now it seems, they have cut the heat. The office, is of course, mostly toasty. In our area people are working in jackets and scarves. True story. We all huddle around the heat unit on our high-speed ink-jet printer in the mornings to restore blood flow.
They have named a new warehouse manager. He is a good guy and I've been workign with him since I began their 6 years ago. So good luck to you bud.
I will be assisting the Lovely One this weekend with an open house. Don't know how much help I'll be, but I'm game. If it'll help out, I'm the man....I hope..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home