A journal written by an Irish-American lad living in New Jersey with the love of his life Maggie, a handsome Sheltie named Duffy, and a maniacle cat called Chainsaw. Mostly nonsense, some rants and ramblings. Often amusing.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

66th place. You Poor bastard

I have been following the World Series of Poker on ESPN and I have to say. I'm kinda hooked. Maybe it's all the great poker faces or maybe it's the way these guys (and some fiesty ladies) gamble with huge sums of cash. Thousand dollar chips are flying around like condoms at a Bill Clinton support rally.
Impressive to say the least. The guy who finished 66th got like 100k. First place is 12 Miilllllliiion dollars. 12 million dollars. Say that, out loud, tou yourself a few times.
I could not play in that because I have no PokerFace. I have been told on numerous occasions, by several different people that I walk around with a look on my face that says 'I'm up to no good...' Imagine. Me. anyways..pocket Aces and I'm sure I'd break into a jig right there. Goodbye twelve million dollars..
Spoke with a former co-worker tonight via AOHell. She is doing well since leaving the Zoo. About to get a nice big raise in fact. As a matter o' fact, I think she may or may not have said something to the effect of buying me a Jag for Christmas. But that could be the Sam Adams talking.
I worked yesterday. We are workign on a huge job for ScrewintheElderly Insurance Co. We get massive jobs dumped in our laps and given half the time we need to get them done. Very frustrating. So frustrating in fact that only MEself went in to work on it. Well my Boss was there and another soul. But the rest of the lads said no dice.
The weekend flies by when you work one of the days. More frustrating is the fact that the Lovely One works every other Saturday and we are on schedules where I work when she's home and she works when I'm home.
Well short entry tonight. Be sure to vote in my poll in the sidebar. New question every week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home