A journal written by an Irish-American lad living in New Jersey with the love of his life Maggie, a handsome Sheltie named Duffy, and a maniacle cat called Chainsaw. Mostly nonsense, some rants and ramblings. Often amusing.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Welcome Back Lefty

Well I went back to work today with my wounded hand. I was put to work doing inventory. It was nice. I was driving a 'picker'. This is a neat device that can cruise down the narrow isles in our warehouse and the platform rises up to (I think) 55 feet. It doesn't bother me now, I do wear a safety harness, but the first time you go up the basket starts to sway to higher you go...phewww..So anyways I was given about a dozen or so locations to check. It was easy and it didn't bother my hand much at all. The Big Guy said if I wanted to work he'd find something easy to do. Thanksfully. The idea of aweek off was tempting and if I had a ton of loot in the bank, I'd do it. But I was informedby our HR gal that getting your check could take weeks. So while I'm bummed that I've had to use 2 off my precious and quickly fading PTO days, I did that.
Many people were shocked that I had come to work at all.
The wound looks nasty...all the stitches and the swelling....but Monday the stitches will come out and soon I'll be back to normal. Well..maybe not normal..but you know what I mean.
I had a nice quick, painless dentist visit today. A tiny cavity. So small I didn't even need Novacain. Thankfully. I've had my fill of shots this week thank you....
Is any else excited about the upcoming return of the show House MD? What great show. It is one of the few shows the Lovely One and I actually sit down to watch every week.
Monday I had my stess test and to prepare me nurse Lorraine shaved off approximately 9 of my 14 chest hairs so she could apply the little electrode thingys. I did good. 13 minutes on the treadmill. Yeah me. Good news is the doc says he doesn't see any problems. With my heart. My cholesterol, however is another story. I have to go on a 'diet' to try and lower it. Great. Thank God I can have up to two beers (12oz. servings) a day..can I get an AAAmennn ??!! Anyways....
Last night the Lovely One and Meself had dinner at a littleplace our neighbor Jenn told us about. It's in Brick, here in Joisey, and it was easy enough to get to. It's called Carrabbas. What a great place! The place is really nice, the decor and lighting, etc. The food was fantastic and the waitstaff couldn't have been better. If you're in the area I suggest you check them out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home