A journal written by an Irish-American lad living in New Jersey with the love of his life Maggie, a handsome Sheltie named Duffy, and a maniacle cat called Chainsaw. Mostly nonsense, some rants and ramblings. Often amusing.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Hot Stuff ! (Thank You...)

It is hot here. It will be 104 today with a heat-index of 112. What is going on? And don't give me any of that El Nino shit either. It is not air-conditioned in my area of the building. Factor in the meatl roof and the fact that we ruyn hi-speed printers that have a heating unit attatched to the end of them to dry the ink (which runs at 100+ degrees) and you get apretty uncomfortable work space. So uncomfortable in fact that dozens of 8oz bottles of Gatorade were purchased for us and we gotan extra 5 minutes for break. Woo-woo....It was a nice thought but when it's 90 plus in your work area, you need about 20 minutes more...
Many folks were totally dead by 4pm. Several fans are running but all they really do is blow the hot air around....I cannot wait for fall. It's still warm enough for shorts back there into December. I remember one day last November I went to work in shorts and a long sleeve t-shirt. It wasn't bad, about 55 degrees (I'm from New England remember.) and when I came out of work and we had about 4inches of snow on the ground and it was falling like a son of a gun. That was a chilly ride until the heater kicked in.
So, in regards to the heat. I took a PTO day today because I ddin't think I could handle the heat. I'm so glad I have ajob where I have paid days off. Although this year I've really been burning them up. I need two half-days next week too.
We had to shit can our old microwave adn we've been on the hunt for a new one. Today I found the elusive creature at Lowes. (sp?) A blcak, GE Spacesaver, over the range something or other. Now the hard part will be getting our neighbor over to install it for us. He said he would, that's not the problem. The problem is he works long hours and often, two jobs. We're hoping it can be done this week.
Slag next door has started putting up her fence and I cannot tell you how happy we will be not to have to see her dump of a yard anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home