A journal written by an Irish-American lad living in New Jersey with the love of his life Maggie, a handsome Sheltie named Duffy, and a maniacle cat called Chainsaw. Mostly nonsense, some rants and ramblings. Often amusing.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Yes, it is hot enough for me.

Okay, someone's got to get hold of that Mother Nature bitch and tell her to knock her shit off. Enough already. Today the temperature in New Jersey reached a brutal 137 degrees. Yes. well...okay..it was only 100 but still, what the Hell's the difference at these temps?
Lately in Joisey we have had the following three weather patterns. Monsoon rains for days on end. Extreme, sack searing heat and brain melting humidity, and sack searing heat accompanied by rain and brain melting humidity.
The heat will continue and be worse tomorrow. 108 with the 'heat index'. For those of you fortunate enough to not experience a 'heat-index', here's what that is. The heat index is apparently what the temperature will 'feel' like if you roll 11,070% humidity into your 101 degree temperatures. The air is like a curtain. You can actually feel it parting across your face like a damp, smelly mop when you walk outside. It is killing us. The Lovely One doesn't really care for the heat, her bad ticker and all...and me fuck me it is killing me. I'm constantly tired and all I want to do is sleep. Plus, my section of the building is NOT air-conditioned. Not to mention I work on a hi-speed printer and the dryer is basically an open sided oven that reaches over 150 degrees on it's own. In the winter it's super, but now...crap on toast...
I cannot wait for Fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home