A journal written by an Irish-American lad living in New Jersey with the love of his life Maggie, a handsome Sheltie named Duffy, and a maniacle cat called Chainsaw. Mostly nonsense, some rants and ramblings. Often amusing.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

News From Da' Hood

Sunday is here and instead of sleeping late, we were up at 530 because of the cat. I blocked his kitty door to the house with a half a case of canned soda. He pushed it out into the kitchen and made his way upstairs. He wailed and carried on and when he was sure we were awake, he jumped on the bed laid across our foreheads and went into his 'chainsaw' mode. He purrs so loud, knick-knacks rattle on the shelfs.
Speaking of knick-knacs rattling. A neighbor two doors down was having a party for his twins and they were in the street playing basketball and one of the fuckers had their car stereo POUNDING. I mean, shit people. Our windows were shaking. That was, I think, in retaliation to the Slag (who is between us and the neighbor in question.) One of the kids that she accused of breaking into her home was the birthday boy. So this goes on for hours until the police roll up. This does no good because A: the cop tells the kids turn it down, and they do..for all of 2 minutes until they are sure the copper is gone and B: because father of birthday boy is friends with a couple of the cops. The stereo pounding started at about 3 and at 6 I told Herself I could not take it. So we drove on over to the new Wal-Mart and picked up a few little things and when we got home around 915 the little fuckers were still playing basketball in the road. And they did so until almost 11. It's dark you little pricks.
On Tuesday, Captain CrazyPants across the street is taking our neighbors to court over their outdoor fireplace. He doesn't like the smell. Apparently, the smell from his charcoal grille doesn't bother him when he's standing right over it, but the smell from a completely contained fireplace over 50 feet away does. Jaysus, I can't believe the court will even allow this. Imagine this guy trying this with our forefathers? "Excuse me Mr. Jerfferson, I don't like the smell of your burning wood and I want you to stop." Ol' Thom would have him in a headlock, dragging him to the woodshed, kick the snot out of him and not even be in violation of his civil rights.
But now we, unfortunately, live in a country where all we care about are people's feelings. What is next? "I'm allergic to your flowers, take them up out of your flowerbed?" "Don't wear your Devils t-shirt to school Tommy, you may offend the Catholics." "Dear Fox executives, I don't enjoy Family Guy, please take it off the air?"
I am praying the judge who hears this throws it right out of court.
We caught 'Brokeback Mountain' last night. Pretty good movie.
I want to mow the grass because due to the twelve inches of rain we have had in the last three days, the grass is almost three feet hig. We've lost the dog twice already. okay, it's not that bad. I exxagerate now and again.

1 Comments:

Blogger portuguesa nova said...

Dude, your dramatic hood is making me feel better about my own.

8:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home