A journal written by an Irish-American lad living in New Jersey with the love of his life Maggie, a handsome Sheltie named Duffy, and a maniacle cat called Chainsaw. Mostly nonsense, some rants and ramblings. Often amusing.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Patrick Could You Pass Me The Broom? Thanks Man...


This has so far been a lazy weekend here at the Leprechaun Inn. The Lovely One has been very much under the weather last couple days. In fact she has missed the last two days of work. Today I am feeling like I may also be getting sick. I actually went back to bed at noon and slept until almost 230. I woke up just in time to see the Devils complete the sweep of the much hated New York Rangers. The Devs have been on quite a tear latly. Winning 15 straight. They won the last 11 of the regualr season and the first four games of the play-offs. I put in a pic of superstar Patrick Elias. He's leading the team in playoff points and had a total of 45 points in 38 games this year. Big deal say you? Well consider he had missed the first 44 games this year with Hep-A. He got that while playing in Russia during the strike last year. The rest of the guys are on really on their games and I anxiously await their next round opponents. Things are getting interesting in Philly and holy crap on a stick , the Edmonton Oilers look like they are going to be giving the big boot in the arse to the red-hot Detroit Red Wings and, I have to be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing that. I kinda like Edmonton.
I grew up in New England and always cheered for the Bruins but over the years, bad management and horrible trades ( Joe Juneau for Al fucking Iafrate?)have turned me away. The day they traded Ray Bourque was the final straw. But hey, this is the team that traded Bobby Orr. Hmm..maybe they just don't want to win the Stanley Cup again....Anyways, Herself has always been a huge Devs fan and her enthusiasm was contagious. After my frist season in Jersey I could see why. Great players, topnotch management and superb coaching. Lou was actually running the hockey program and Providence College during the late 70's and early 80's. So there's my little Rhode Island connection to the Devils..lol.
Hopefully this year the boys will bring the Cup back to Jersey.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nelle said...

GO DEVILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I sense a Stanley cup in my future!

7:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home