A journal written by an Irish-American lad living in New Jersey with the love of his life Maggie, a handsome Sheltie named Duffy, and a maniacle cat called Chainsaw. Mostly nonsense, some rants and ramblings. Often amusing.

Monday, April 03, 2006

How Many Irish Guys Could There Be in Cambodia?

I work with several temps. Many Hispanics, some Vietnamese and a few Cambodians. One day last week I was on one of our hi-speed ink-jet printers and I had a Cambodian woman 'feeding' the machine. Another young lad was with us, opening the boxes the material was in and settign up the feeder. She was looking at me smiling and prattling on in Cambodian. They went back and forth for about twenty minutes before my curiousity got the better of me. I looked at 'dave' and asked him what hell was going on. He said something to her and she came over and put her hand on my shoulder and motioned to my face. And laughed. Dave finally told me she says I remind her of her brother. I'm just like him apparently. Interesting. How many pasty white Irish guys could there be living on the equator? Interesting. Now she greets me with 'hello brother.' Better than 'hello ass-monkey' I guess.
So I'm sitting here listening to some tunes I got from iTunes. A little old Santana, some Soulive, Ray Lamontagne, SteelyDan, David Grey..etc..
It's been a long day.I did nothing today. This morning when she woke up, the Lovely One felt really crapola so I took a sick day and hung out with her here at home. Thankfully she had a nice long nap this afternoon. As for myself I divided my day with playing GTA3 and watching the RedSox open the season against the Texas Rangers. Thankfully, they won! Yeah!We're one and oh. A nice way to start the season.

The weather here is nasty. It's cold and rainy. Miserable. The kind of weather that aggravates my back. It's supposed to be really bad tonight. High winds, thunder hail..yikes...

I took the Duffster for a nice long walk after dinner. He's getting really good about the leash. Cars still spook him and when the freight train rolls by, look out! He does not like that.

The darts season is wrapping up. Thankfully. We are wallowing in 4th place and to me the season can't end soon enough. Don't get me wrong, I love to play and the guys are great. I just feel that the night runs too late. I usually get home near midnight and I hate to sound like an old man, but good Lord, that is just too much for me anymore. There is a meeting at the begining of the new season and I'm going to run some ideas by Freddy who is running the leauge, to shorten the night. Fewer games. Shorter night. I hope.

That's all for now. Stay warm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home