A journal written by an Irish-American lad living in New Jersey with the love of his life Maggie, a handsome Sheltie named Duffy, and a maniacle cat called Chainsaw. Mostly nonsense, some rants and ramblings. Often amusing.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Here we are. Thursday.
Last night was, what I thought, our last night of darts. It is, in fact, next week. We are still wallowing in 5th place. We're not a bad bunch of shooters, we just have a hard time hitting all at the same time.
After next week we'll have our banquet and then a 'Cricket' tournament and that will be it until September. I'm hoping I'll be throwing better next year. I almost feel like I'm getting some of my old form back. I had a good night last night. Winning both of my singles 301 matches. I'm tough to beat in 301.

I came in and dropped into bed at around 11. Unfortunately, I awoke at around 2
with pain. I flipped about for a minute and of course, woke up Herself. She wasn't to thrilled so I got up and went downstairs for a drink. I sat in the throne for about an hour and when I felt like I might be able to sleep I went back up to bed. Herself was still awake and her moon was entering the house of cranky. She asked what was wrong and I told her. She asked if I took anything and I said yes, just waiting for it to kick in. So, now, the cat is in the room. Why she lets the wee beastie in the room at night is anyones guess. She feels badly for him. That's all. But he doesn't sleep in the bedroom because he wakes us up all night. Now, it's after 3 and he starts making a ruckus and I get out of bed to cat-apult him from the room and Herself says' Let him stay. He'll get on the bed and go to sleep.' Well he got on the bed alright. But he starts purring. And when he purrs it's like being next to a bulldozer. He has the loudest puurr. Now herself shoots out of bed and goes into the guest room. She slams the door and the cat bolts upright, looks at me and then hops off the bed to follow her. I follow him closely and when he is out of our room I shut the door.
The guest room bed has a loose headboard and while Herself is flopping sround, trying to find the position that will bring slumber, the headboard is crashing against the wall. I told her tongith it sounded like she had company in there..hahah..she laughed and said who would I have in there? and at the same time we both said 'Spiderman'...meaning he'd have to have climbed up the side of the house to get in there...oh well..
Tonight I'll take something before bedtime to knock my little arse out. So hopefully we can both sleep more than 4 hours tonight.
Work has been unusually slow. I took half a day today. Came home, mowed the inside of the yard where the Duffster hangs out, did laundry and got dinner together. Well, it was together, in the crock-pot, I just added the last ingredient to it. I think something in there wasn't right because I now feel a bit squeezy. I hate this feeling. I hope it passes.

I was kinda surprised with Idol this week. I thought for sure Kelly would mangle any Queen song she tried but I was kinda impressed. It was weird hearing her squeeky, southern twang doing Bohemian Rhapsody but it wasn't bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home