A journal written by an Irish-American lad living in New Jersey with the love of his life Maggie, a handsome Sheltie named Duffy, and a maniacle cat called Chainsaw. Mostly nonsense, some rants and ramblings. Often amusing.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Cancer Blows

Today was the usual Monday. Blahhh. I did not-so-much at work and when I came home, the Lovely One was at her computer. I gave her a small kiss on the top of her head and she spoke quietly. "Guess what?" I asked what. She then told me Pam had died. Pam was a woman Herself had gotten to know through her journal. Pam had cancer and fought a good fight. She posted when she could on her journal and many people followed her story. She sadly lost her battle today. She was at home with her son who had come home from college to care for her. I'm glad she was at home. Home is where the heart is after all.
Herself had put a little car package together for her. Pam was very pleased with the little token of love and friendship Herself had passed along and posted a pic on her journal.
It hurts me when I hear of good people dying so young. Pam had just celebrated birthday number 50 last week. I remember my dad who has, amazingly been gone 6 years now. I say amazingly because it seems like only yesterday we lost him. And if you read this rag you know I lost my good bud Marc to cancer last year. He had just turned 25. 25. I am 37 and when I think about where I was 12 years ago and to think about 'going' then...
Herself had her bout with cancer when she was in her 20's. I have trouble thinking about that. But she is tough as nails and she beat it. Her son the Tominator also had cancer. Luekemia. He beat it and he's now as big as a house and strong like bull. I'm certainly happy for that. It seems cancer finds all the best people and triesd to kill them. Proving my point that cancer is evil. It isn't fair. Sometimes life sucks like a 4 dollar whore.
I can grouse about it but it will do me no good. I sometimes sit and think of Dad and Marc. How they both died so very young. Each one would give you their last dollar or the shirts off their backs. When I start to get down I take comfort in the fact that I have a really good life. I have a wonderful little home, two (most of the time) great pets and the best wife in the known universe. My in-laws are very good to me, and I have a decent job. And aside from my back being a bit wonky now and then, good health. And I take comfort in the fact that they were both a good and happy part of my life.
I hope Pam is at peace now. Her suffering is over and that is a good thing. Her family will miss her as will everyone who knew her. Please keep Pam and her kids in your prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home