A journal written by an Irish-American lad living in New Jersey with the love of his life Maggie, a handsome Sheltie named Duffy, and a maniacle cat called Chainsaw. Mostly nonsense, some rants and ramblings. Often amusing.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Leprechaun Turns Into Zombie!! News at ...zzzzzzzzzzz...

A quickie tonight. In the last 48 hours I've had about 11 hours of sleep, worked 19 and spent the rest bumbling along...
After a poor night of sleep on Tuesday night, I put in 9 1/2 hours at work and then went to darts. Last night was good. We won 11 games out of 14! I played well, but something scarey happened. I walked to the line, aimed my shot and threw and the dart 'fell' out of my hand like it (my hand) was made of rubber! I shook it off and accepted the god natured ribbing of both team-mates and opponents. It happened again, and once more. Now I was concerned. The guys were very helpful with suggestions. Johnny Hardcore suggested lettign my arm hang by my side to let more blood flow get into my hand. Freddy, our captain felt I had either had too much to drink or not enough, and my buddy Keith suggested surgery for my imminent attack of carpal tunnel. The match lasted until after 12 and when I got home I had a surprise. One of the wee beasties had disembowled one of our couch cushions and it's wooly entrails were alll over the living room. Duffy naturally blamed the cat, and the cat of course, didn't care. I then had about 5 hours of sleep, awoke with a headache that felt as if two dwarfs were in my head pounding out the Todd Rundgren song "I don't wanna work, I just wanna bang on my drum all day" with lead mallets on my skull. I then worked 10 hours. The Lovely One had a nice dinner ready for me when I came into the house and fell into the chair. I watched Idol on the couch and now here I am......
I am in a complete stupor. I cannot belive I'm trying to do an entry and if Blogger doesn't cancel my blogging privileges for missspelled words it will be a miracle.
I have another ten hour day ahad of me tomorrow and then, hoorah, the weekend. I hope I can at least stay awake to watch some of the Olympics or something....
Whjatever..
Good night

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home