A journal written by an Irish-American lad living in New Jersey with the love of his life Maggie, a handsome Sheltie named Duffy, and a maniacle cat called Chainsaw. Mostly nonsense, some rants and ramblings. Often amusing.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Crap. It's still snowing

Hi all. Here we are almost twenty four hours later and the white stuff is still falling. I think right now there is about 18 inches on the ground. I went out and dug us out with the neat little snow blower my step-son Tom was kind enough to get for me. It made snow removal sooo much easier on my back. So thnak you thank you thank you to Tom. I thank you, my back thanks you.

Something really wonderful happened 6 years ago today. I met the Lovely One for the first time. Yes it's true. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago, but hey time flies when you're having fun. From the moment I saw her in person I got the vibe. I knew she was special from talking to her for countless hours online and later, on the phone.
We had dinner at one of the best restaurants in Rhode Island and over dinner we had great conversation intermingled with small bits of quiet nervousness. She was just so cute and easy to be with. Funny thing was we both had no interest in getting married at all. Uh-huh. We all know how that turned out... We had a drink or two and then we went to my friends house. I was dog-sitting for three insane dalmations and we sat on the couch and spent the next several hours just talking. Okay there was some smoochin' going on too, but I digress.
She stayed for the next couple of days and got to meet my Dad. I'm so glad she got to meet him before he died. I just wish she could have met the 'real' him. Not the once strong man who had been battered by cancer. He was tired and weak but managed to have a pleasant but brief conversation with the Lovely One.
After she left I decided to make a trip to New Jersey. This was also the farthest I've ever driven alone and it was interesting to say the least.
After that we spent the next several months commuting back and forth, visiting.
In October we decided to try living together. I packed up my belongings and moved to New Jersey. Then, in 2002 we were married. Yes, the two people who weer never going to be married...It has been a wonderful ride. Herself is a wonderful, caring wife and I couldn't be happier. I hope we have many, many more happy years together. I love you baby.
And in case you're wondering. It's still snowing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nelle said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOXXXXXXXXXXXXX
The best marriages are when the other person thinks they got the best deal. :)

3:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home