A journal written by an Irish-American lad living in New Jersey with the love of his life Maggie, a handsome Sheltie named Duffy, and a maniacle cat called Chainsaw. Mostly nonsense, some rants and ramblings. Often amusing.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Crap. It's Snowing

Welcome to the Saturday Edition of Bit O' Blarney. As you can see by the title, or if you're one of the few people who read this journal freely, and not under threat of physical harm, you will know the Leprechaun hates snow. Hate. I don't even know if hate is strong enough a word.
The last forecast I saw called for 6-12 inches of the white stuff. Thankfully it is Saturday and we have food and beer. Dinner is already planned, I'm making a sausage and pepper dish, and the house is nice and warm. Cozy,even.
Thursday night we ventured to Best Buy to find a small case for my iPod Suffle. They had none and I'll have to wait a week or so or I could go to the mall when the Apple store finally opens. Methinks, however, I'll pay alot more at the mall.
We did happen to get a little case for my cell and the Lovely One got me a card for the iTunes store and I've been busy poring through the extensive library. I've already gotten a few and have a few more left. It's tough to decide.
On Wednsday, as you know, I was sick as a dog. I called across the street to let my buddy Keith know I would not be going to darts. He was still at wrok but his wife Stacey said she'd relay the message. About two hours ago the doorbell rang. We were expecting Tom, my step-son, but I looked out and his car was not there. I figured it was one of the little girls next door. They always ring the bell when their ball goes into our yard and they need to retrieve it. I opened the door and there was Keith and Stacey. I invited them in and Keith handed me a little cloth bundle. "A get-well-soon gift." says he.
I'm pleasantly surprised. Not that they would do this. They are two of the nicest people we know. Great neighbors...But I know they are having abit of financial trouble. Still, they thought of me. What a nice feeling. I take it and usher them in and offer them a beer. I undo a small rubber band that has 'Guinness' (my favorite brew) printed on it. The rubber band holds a Guinness hat and wrapped into the hat is a Guinness T-Shirt. A very nice surprise indeed. They stay for an hour or so and we enjoy their company. They may come back later.
Where was I going?...oh yes snow..I hate snow.
Better news is, my former state Rhode Island is under a Blizzard watch! Yes. We know what happeneed last time Rhode Island got a blizzard. Blizzard. Brian make sure you eat your Wheaties and are in condition to shovel for Mom.
We were up early again today. Our cat is involved with some evil universal kitty plot to kill their owners soley by sleep-deprivation. The Lovely One got up early so I could go back to sleep. No dice. I got up and watched a bit of Olympic hockey. Womens teams were playing and I was in such afog I couldn't tell you who it was. We will try to catch some of the events. The Winter games are so much more exciting than the Summer games. Except for curling. Which is ..well.. I really don't know what curling is. But then I'm not from Canada.
Stay Warm.

1 Comments:

Blogger jennifer said...

Hmmm. I like curling. I think. And I adore figure skating and speed skating. Crap, I'm even watching Moguls and liking it too.

And I like snow. When it falls on other people. Or when I don't have to shovel it or otherwise travel in it. Watching it fall is fun. Watching others shovel is better.

So are you feeling better?

8:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home