A journal written by an Irish-American lad living in New Jersey with the love of his life Maggie, a handsome Sheltie named Duffy, and a maniacle cat called Chainsaw. Mostly nonsense, some rants and ramblings. Often amusing.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Blah Blah Blah

I'm not so sure what to title this entry, it's just a ramble I 'spose.
Yesterday our oven decided to die. Yes. Dead. I was making one of Herself's fave deserts, Creme Brulee, and I noticed, after letting the oven pre-heat for ten minutes, the oven was, well, not pre-heating. I placed my oven mitt on to place the desert in the oven and there was nothing but cold air coming out. I was unhappy to say the least. I called Herself and explained this to her and she said we'll check it out further when she got home.
In the meantime I had to run to the market and while in line got into a conversation with the elderly gentleman in front of me and the girl working the register. We talked about the weather, which is cold cold cold. He says it hasn't been so bad. I agreed, telling him this has been my kind of winter. He smiles and says, "Summer will be here before you know it and then you'll want the cold." The look on my face told both he and our cashier I disagreed. "bring on summer," says me. He smiled, "it's not so bad." Might I mention the temperature was about 30 and he was wearing just a sweatshirt. But I digress.
Our oven is kaput. My father in-law came over the instant he heard to try and help us out. He is very good to us like that. If we ever have ahousehold type issue, he grabs his coffee can of tools ( Chock Full O' wrenches? )and drives over. He examined it and felt it could be repaired but not by him.
So today my lovely wife calls one of her co-workers because she thinks he mentioned he used to do appliance repair. He did and said he was working but would be over toda to check it out. He assured her we would be cookin' by Tuesday. She mentioned money and he must have refused because I could hear her fussing about it. A little background. The man is goign through a horrible divorce and his psycopath wife is finding every way she can to get all of his money and to make his life a living hell.
The man has nothing. He can't even get his winter jacket because Captain Crazy has changed the locks on the house they once shared. He hardly has money and he is coming to help us,out of the goodness of his heart.
It amazes me and makes me feel good knowing people like this. I also spoke with Keith across the street and he also said not to worry, he has a buddy that is a Sears tech. He'll be able to help.
So within less than 24 hours, we've had three people offer their help. Kinda makes ya' feel good about people doesn't it?
More good news. The slag next door is going to put up a 6 foot privacy fence. This means I can sit and have my tea in the morning and look out my lider and not see the 'Little Barrio Starter kit' she calls her back yard.
Today is Sunday and the animals were up early but oday the Lovely One got up and I was allowed to sleep in! Thank you sweety. kisskiss. Once I was awake and somewhat functioning, I told her to go back to bed as she hasn't been feelign so hot. She was, fortunately, able to get another couple hours in. Once she got up I thought I'd go back..LOL..this is awful. She says 'I feel like we're sleeping in shifts'
I tried to sleep but back pain kept me from getting comfortable. So here I am.
The Olympics are going well, eh? Poor Apolo though. I was hoping the lad would get a gold last night. Next time kiddo.
Well, this entry has truly been a babblefest. Sorry..
Stay warm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home