A journal written by an Irish-American lad living in New Jersey with the love of his life Maggie, a handsome Sheltie named Duffy, and a maniacle cat called Chainsaw. Mostly nonsense, some rants and ramblings. Often amusing.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Work has been going pretty smoothly lately. Not alot going on but we're busy. Our senior man-on-the-floor Thom has been unofficially running the show. He's a great guy and knows his shit. Between the two of us. There have been no problems. Clockwork. Smooth as silk. As cool as the other side of the pillow...you get the point. Work is enjoyable. For the first time in a long time.
Another one of my co-workers who has proved, difficult, to say the very least was out for the last month tending to an ill parent. He isn't a bad guy but he likes to work at one thousand miles an hour and he tries to get the people around him to do the same. He has gone to my supervisor and the head of the site to complain that I'm too slow. Yes I have a bad back and there are days when I cannot work at full-tilt but I alwasy give a honest 8 hours. He pushed me to the point that I told my supervisor if he didn't remedy this, I would break my little Irish foot off in his arse. My supervisor looked at me and said "Fasir is a pacifist. He wouldn't even hit you back."
"Even better," replied Myself.
He looked shocked "You'd hit a pacifist knowing the guy wouldn't hit you back?"
I was in quite a state and replied "You're fuckin' right I would." Well cool heads ( mine actually) prevailed and I went about my biz.
Needless to say, nothing was done. I threatened to go to HR but I figured it would blow over, and it did. When he left a month ago. Now he's back. Its only been a day so we'll see what happens.
I came home tonight to a fantastic meal. A tasty piece of chicken parm, side of linguini and a salad. Serevd with a cold Sam Adams.
That wife of mine...She worked her butt off all day, went shopping and then came home and prepared me a killer meal. She's the best thing since bottled beer I tell ya'.
Im going to the Optomotrist tomorrow to have my eyeballs checked. I apparently have 'freckles' on the backs of my eyes ( Irish inside and out ) and they will take photos and make sure they are not growing or multiplying (as freckles are wont to do) so I don't go freakin' blind. That would blow.
The Devils are on a nice little tear winning 9 of their last 10.
Speaking of tears, our darts team is doing nicely, winning 16 of our last 28. A hair over 50% but that's really good for us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home