A journal written by an Irish-American lad living in New Jersey with the love of his life Maggie, a handsome Sheltie named Duffy, and a maniacle cat called Chainsaw. Mostly nonsense, some rants and ramblings. Often amusing.

Monday, January 23, 2006

Mondays Tales

This morning I had a dentist appointment. It wasn't awful. I, in genreal, hate going to the dentist. My dentist is a great guy, don't get me wrong. He's funny, has a great personality, and he's very good at what he does (eg. he gives me plenty of novacaine when I need work done) and he works fast. These two things have cemented him firmly as my second favorite dentist. So it's not that I don't like him...I am just not a fan of the 'dental procedure'.
My favorite dentist is in Rhode Island and he's great. If anyone living in the Warwick area actually reads this rag and would like his info, I'll be happy to provide it. Just don't tell him you found it on the internet, he's liable to whack me with a five-iron next time I see him.
The dentist I saw before I found him was not nice. At all. He had the personality of a dishrag and he was a shitty dentist. He never gave enough novacaine and got mad when I screamed in horrible pain. I even had a pet-name for him. It was Doctor Fuck-Face, or something along those lines.
So I have a loose tooth, or is it my crown? I'm not sure, but the good news is, I have no pain in it. I told the hygenist that it was loose and she took my word for it after she wiggled it for about two minutes. She then took four sets of xrays. Just to be sure..or something...
Bad news is I have a small cavity and have to go back. At which time they will decide what to do with my loose tooth. Cap. Crown. Whatever.
After my trip to the dentist, we took the Duffster to Jackson, which is almost an hour away, for a vet appointment. He was a brave little boy and got two shots and had blood drawn. Never flinched. Herself however, got woosy when they drew the Duffsters blood. Generally, Duff does not do well in the car. But he went almost the whole way without getting sick. He had a little pukey but I caught it with his puke-towel. Yeah me.
After lunch we tried to nap and only one of us was successful. We live in the noisiest neighborhood. Well, it's not the bazaar in Sri Lanka but still...
I skipped work today because of the above events. I did, however, take care of all the paperwork for the stuff that is shipping today. Why? Because I'm a good employee of course. I wrote it all up, logged it into our 'shipped' book and gave everyone who needed copies copies on Friday. Go me. So there should be no issues with me being out today.
Should there??

1 Comments:

Blogger jennifer said...

I think I went to Dr. Fuck Face once too. That's why I don't go to the dentist.

Glad all three of you survived the trip to the vet. I'd rather have them draw MY blood than the blood of the pup. But he, like Duff, is a trooper. Never a flinch.

Hopefully Duff will get over the puke in the car dance. He's still such a cute little baby, after all.

4:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home