A journal written by an Irish-American lad living in New Jersey with the love of his life Maggie, a handsome Sheltie named Duffy, and a maniacle cat called Chainsaw. Mostly nonsense, some rants and ramblings. Often amusing.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone...
Another calendar in the trash and anw one on the wall.
The approach of the coming new year gives us all time to think about what we did the past year and what we want to do in the New. Or what we should do is the proper way to phrase that.
The past year was diificult if not interesting for us here at the Leprechaun Inn.
My Dad-in-Law had open heart surgerythis past year to replace a defective heart-valve. Ironically, the same exact valve Herself had replaced a year earlier. Being the tough old guy he is, he was released from the hospital in about a week and was actually riding his John Deere lawn mower two weeks after coming home! Mind you he is 83 years old. Amazing..Lately he has been abit under the weather and spent a few days in the hospital this past month. He says he feels he's starting to slow down. Geez, I hope I'm that slow at 83.

Herself had a wee bit of surgery again. Having a small growth removed. On the flip side, she isback in the workforce and going to school! She is doing well with her classes and she is learning alot at her new job. Her health is steadily improving and we're both happy about that. She is still pretty as a picture and the sweetest gal I know.

As for Meself I'm hanging in there. Aside form my two week bout with the hiccups and some back pain, I'm in good shape. At my job I gave up my Supervisor position and I'm now a regular employee. I've learned alot more new stuff but I do not have the daily aggravation and stress that comes freom being responsible for twelve people. Maybe this year will bring new opportunities for me in the way of a decent raise or maybe a new , better paying job. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

2005 was, sadly a bad year for our furry friends. In January we lost our beloved Sheltie Sandie. Sandie was a wonderful pooch who lived a nice long life of almost 16 years. It was very hard to let her go but we are thankful for the time we had with her and the love she gave us.

The Lovely One's Grandmother, Gang, lost her pet this year also. Tiffy also lived a nice long life, being almost 15 when she passed.
My in-laws lost their dog Wendy just two days ago. Wendy was also 15 years old.

My brother in-law lost his cat Timex, who is actually Chainsaws mother.

And finally, my wife's cousin lost her two shelties.

The long lives these pets lead are nothing but a tirbute to the love and care that was given to them by their owners. I have married into a family of true pet lovers.

On a happier note, we have a new member of Clan MacLoughlin. On a rainy, chilly day in March we brought a new puppy into our home. His AKC name is Bradach Solas MacRie. "Bradach" meaning wee one full of mischief ( you all will never know how appropriate that is) , "Solas" meaning comfort and joy. and "MacRie" meaning son of the King. His dad, a champion, is named 'Midnight in Memphis', relating to Elvis. So there you have it.
He is full of energy and keeps us evry busy. I only wish we could rent some sheep so we could see him in action.

Chainsaw will be turning four this year. He himself is a handful. Opening doors in the house and eating everything in sight.

In 2006 the only thing I really want is good health for the Lovely One. She's been down for too long and she deserves to feel good. If that were accomplished, than it will be a good year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nelle said...

My new years wish for you:
Love, happiness and financial security. As Meatloaf said" Two out of three ain't bad" but I still want the last one...together I think we can make it happen. OOXXX

11:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home