A journal written by an Irish-American lad living in New Jersey with the love of his life Maggie, a handsome Sheltie named Duffy, and a maniacle cat called Chainsaw. Mostly nonsense, some rants and ramblings. Often amusing.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

It Had to Happen

I have bad news and worse news. The bad news is, I have 'walking pneumonia'. The worse news?? It snowed last night. Yes snow. The evil form the sky. We only got about four inches but still...
On Sunday I had a well deserved day off. I had worked almost 60 hours last week, including a full day Saturday and was ready baby. Ready to slip into a 22 hour coma so I'd be refreshed for Monday. Well, that was not to be. The Lovely One was kind enough to secure the wee beasties downstairs so I could sleep in a bit but when I awoke something was awry. I have had this nagging cough for..I dunno..three weeks or so but finally it got to a point where Herself said maybe I should see the doctor. So I agreed and spent the day doing alot of nothing, relaxing and made a trip to the attic for some Christmas decorations which Meself and herself put outside. The day went well and after dinner I noticed I had the hiccups. I still have the hiccups and my cough is worse. PLease don't laugh, the hiccups are not funny. Well, wait. Okay its funny. So Herself brings me to the doctor today and I describe my symptoms and he even gets a demonstration of my lovely cough. He puts his tiny, chilly stethescope on my chest, then my back and nods.."Uh-huh. Just as I thought. Walking pneumonia." It is in my lower lobe or some thing in my lung and he suggests a antibiotic and an inhaler. So on my way out I stop at the desk and request a note for my employer. Not my boss, no he's cool and understands human beings actually get sick. For the uppers and for HR.
I asked at the desk for this note and Zakeeha asks me "for just today?" I hesitate and she smiles and peers over the tops of her glasses. A look that speaks clearly. It says "little man, I'm offering you some time off.." I read the vibe and say weakly.. "well...." and hold up two fingers. She gives me the "now you're talking" smile and prints me my note. Thanks you Zakeeha!! And thank you also for squeezing me in. I do appreciate it. The office staff there, primarily Wanda and the aforementioned Zakeeha are just wonderful. And they have been great to me and especially to Herself. So thank you ladies.
I speak to my boss who called to check on me and he says not to worry about the time out. Thank you Pai Mei.
So anyways today I have started the arduous task of mailing all me favorites from my AOL account to my MSN account. AOL is being cancelled and they will not be making any more money off Mr and Mrs Leprechaun. SO affective on the 18th you can email me at ZamBoni831@hotmail.com.
Tomorrow will be a day of rest. I will be home with the boys and do nothing. Rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home