A journal written by an Irish-American lad living in New Jersey with the love of his life Maggie, a handsome Sheltie named Duffy, and a maniacle cat called Chainsaw. Mostly nonsense, some rants and ramblings. Often amusing.

Thursday, November 17, 2005


Here it is Wednesday. The week is winding down. Thankfully. We have been fekking busy at work and I've put in lots o' overtime. Tomorrow night the Lovely One and Meself are going to see the New Jersey Devils. This will be my first Devils game. I'm pretty excited. I have been to alot of hockey games and I was fortunate enough to see a few in the old Bahhston Gahhhden, the Montreal Forum and the Colisee in Quebec.
One thing about Quebec. All the people there suck. They are rude, arrogant, ignorant and if they know you are an American, they won't even talk to you. Not to mention they want to secede from Canada. What is that all aboot? Yes they want to be a seperate...I dunno...colony?? Country??.Who knows. I guess if you spend enough time living that close to the freakin Arctic circle eating goose patee your brain will start to misfire.
But I digress.
I havent been to a game here in the swamps of Jersey yet but it should be fun. The Lovely One and I went to a AHL game when I was living in Rhode Island. The Providence Bruins. We had great seats too. Right behind the net about ten rows up. Sweeet.
The weather is getting colder and you know what that means. The Leprechaun will beome increasingly crankier and crankier as the winter months drag by. Grrrrrr..
My darts team had another rough week. We lost 10 of 14. Ouch. We're not bad players, we just have trouble getting hot all on the same night. I love to play so I'm not super concerned. The great thing about this league is the guys are all cool. Nobody freaks out and screams or stomps their feet when you play bad. We bust balls, of course. But that's what guys do. It's our job.
Tonight the Lovely One is out getting anew do' and I'm home with the boys. Who are both, mercifully, sleeping.

We have a cat and a dog. They both get along well and at times I'm certain they are conspiring to kill us. They get between our legs all the time and one time I am going to fall ass over teakettle and bust my little melon open. I can see it now, they'll look at me and then high-five each other and the start the plotting on the Lovely One. Nice huh?

The pic at the top is of our 20 pound bruiser cat. His given name is Smoke. But since I've had his teeth sunk into me on a few occasions and he has the loudest purr in the history of cats I call him Chainsaw. He's quite the kitty and can even open doors. Yes. He gets on his hind legs, wraps his front arms around the knowb and works it 'til it pops. Now if I could only treat him to get me a beer from the fridge....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home