A journal written by an Irish-American lad living in New Jersey with the love of his life Maggie, a handsome Sheltie named Duffy, and a maniacle cat called Chainsaw. Mostly nonsense, some rants and ramblings. Often amusing.

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving

Good Morning and Happy Turkey Day.
The day started early enough, as most days do at the Leprechaun Inn. Thanks to Chainsaw. I have been awake since around 5. It was the cat who woke me up and back pain that kept me up. I finally got out of our nice warm bed at around 630 or so. I was in a sleep-deprived fog so I can only guess what time it was. The Duffster was ready to roll so I let him out so he could pee and bark at the sky.
Today is a day for giving thanks. To reflect on what we have and be happy about it. Here are some of the things I'm thankful for. First and foremost will be the LovelyOne. It's a wonderful thing to share your life with someone wonderful. She is smart, pretty, a great cook and has amongst other things, a great smile, pretty eyes and a wonderful heart. She has helped me to grow into the person that I am today. Well, I was a person when I met ehr, but I was lacking. She has made my life special and for that I am thankful.
I'm thankful to live in a country where I can say, read and do what I want. I can bad-mouth the President without fear of retribution, I can listen to any music I want and I can watch what I want. I don't have to get permission to drive out of state and I can get on a plane and leave the country. I'm thankful for the bravest men and women in the world, our US armed forces who put their lives on the line every day to keep me safe from those religious zealot, wing-nut, camel-humping terrorists.
I'm thankful for our cozy little home. It may be small in size but it's big on comfort. Alot of folks don't have the comforts I do. Some don't even have a home for the holidays. So I'm thankful for the comforts we have.
I'm thankful for my pets. Even though they make me want to pull out my hair at times they are ( mostly) a pleasure to have. Yes, Smoke, even you.
I'm thankful to have a job. My job, like my pets, makes me crazy at times, but I'm thankful I'm employed and keeping food in the fridge and the heat running.
I'm thankful for my health. Yes, my back hurts sometimes and is a nuisance most of the other times, but overall I'm in good shape.
I guess that's all...there aer other things I'm suer, but at this moment those are the biggies.
Everyone enjoy your holiday.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nelle said...

IN a world of want, we are truly blessed.

12:41 PM

 
Blogger jennifer said...

Happy Thanksgiving Rob, to you and Nelle. It's always so welcome to sit back and really look at the things we have, rather than what we don't.

3:49 PM

 
Blogger heatherfeather said...

hi rob - thanks for coming to my blog. if you go to your blogger dashboard and choose 'change your settings' and click on the template button you can fidget around in there to change how your comments are labeled. there may be an easier way in the FAQs, but everything i've done i've put together piecemeal. happy thanksgiving!

6:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home